Module code : 4HON05
- A BSc degree in computer science or equivalent qualification.
- To be admitted to an Honours degree programme a student shall have passed the final-year modules of the major subject that leads to the honours degree with an average final mark of at least 60%.
Students must select four theory modules from the list below:
- SCPS501 Advanced Software and Distributed Computing Techniques
- SCPS504 Wireless Networks with Special focus on ad hoc networks and their simulations
- SCPS505 Advanced Distributed Database Techniques and ecurity- WS and SOA
- SCPS506 -Software Defined Networking Theory and application
One honours module from another department can be selected, with the approval of both Heads of Department.
One, 3-hour paper shall be written at the end of the semester in which the module is taken. The Department may decide
to have two, 3-hour papers written in any specific module.
In addition to completing a report on the research, students must present a seminar on the research conducted.
Research topics can be selected from the following research areas:
Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing, Wireless ad-hoc Networks, Software-defined Networks and Electronic
Full-time students may complete the degree in a minimum period of one year.
System of External Evaluation
An external examiner approved for that purpose by the Senate shall examine the written examinations and the
project report. An External Examiner shall be invited to evaluate a seminar presentation on each Honour’s project.