Phone: +27 35 902 6866
Email: mathabaS(at) unizulu.ac.za
Building &Room: D-block office 107
Sizakele Mathaba is a lecturer at the department of Computer Science. She holds a Bachelor of Science Info Systems Degree (2007), B.Sc. Honours Degree in Computer Science (2008) and MSc in Computer Science (2014) at University of Zululand.
In 2009, she joined CSIR Meraka Institute in Pretoria as an intern student and was appointed a candidate Researcher in Computer Studies (2010 until 2012. She worked at Accenture (SA) as a Business Analyst in April 2012 until November 2013. Later she joined IBM (SA) as a Database Administrator (DB2) till April (2016).
She is currently a PhD student and her research interest includes Internet of Things(IoT) in Retail and is now expanding her research to Network Function Virtualization-Infrastructure (NFV-I) and Cloud.
Lecture ‘s the following modules:
- Database & Information Management I (4CPS232 )
- Database and Information Management II (4CPS331)
- Introduction to Big Data Analytics. (4CPS505B) – Honours
MSc, BSc Hons, BSc (UNIZULU)
List of Publications
- Mathaba S., Adigun M., Kayode O., Oladosu J. “On the use of Internet Of Things and web 2.0 in Inventory Management,” Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, 2016.
- Mathaba, S, Dlodlo,N, Smith, A and Adigun, M. “The use of RFID and Web 2.0 Technologies to Improve Inventory Management in South African Enterprises” The Electronic Journal Information Systems Evaluation Volume 14 Issue 2 , 2011, (pp228-241), UK, available online at www.ejise.com
- . Mathaba, S.U., Dlodlo, N., Williams, Q., Adigun, M.O., The use of RFID and web 2.0 tools to enhance inventory management systems in enterprises, International Conference on Information Management and Evaluation(ICIME) 2011, Ryerson University, Canada, 27-28 April 2011.
- Mathaba S., Dlodlo N., Smith A., Makitla I., Sibiya G. and Adigun M. (2012). “Interfacing internet of things technologies of RFID, XMPP and Twitter to reduce inaccuracies in inventory management”. IST Africa, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Mvelase, H. Sithole, T. Modipa, S. Mathaba .The Economics of Cloud Computing: A Review. Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Advances on Computing, Communications and Engineering. Durban, South Africa, 28-29 November, 2016
- Dlodlo, N., Krause, C., Mathaba, S.U., Mvelase, P.S., Kabanda, S.K., Preparedness of South African deep rural SMMEs to deliver e-government services to local communities, International development Informatics Association IDIA 2009, Kruger National Park, South Africa, 28-30 October 2009.
- Mvelase, P.S., Dlodlo, N., Mathaba, S.U., Kabanda, S.K., Krause, C., A theoretical framework for government information service delivery to deep rural communities, International development Informatics Association IDIA 2009, Kruger National Park, South Africa, 28-30 October 2009.
- Cleophas Dzinotyiweyi, Segoposto Moshapo, Sizakele Mathaba,Xolani Nkosi,The usage of low cost information access devices(laptop, palmtops, net books, mobiles etc) in fostering social and economic development in the world, FP7 Digital World forum, Belgium, 2009.For more information please follow this link: http://www.digitalworldforum.eu/wp2.
- Dlodlo N., Tolmay JP., Mathaba S.U., Mix and Match Content Architecture for Themes of the Day, ZA-WWW annual conference on World Wide Web Applications, University of Witwatersrand 14- 16 September 2011.